Our first offering will be back in Herndon in April from the 16th to the 20th. This class is already over 80% full, so please contact us ASAP if you wish to attend this offering.
We will also be back in Herndon for the week of October 15th to the 19th. Our Fall classes in the Herndon/Reston area have consistently been the fastest to sell out, so please lock in your seat as early as possible.
Finally, we will be returning to Europe with an offering in Amsterdam in September from the 4th to the 7th. Please note that this class will run Tuesday-Friday instead of the normal Monday-Friday. To make up for the missing time, the Tuesday-Friday sessions will each run until 6PM.
Our course is constantly evolving in order to cover the latest operating system updates, malware techniques, and attacker tactics. The following highlights some of the new material for our 2018 offerings:
- The effects of Meltdown and Spectre on memory forensic acquisition and analysis
- The effects of Intel’s SGX, TME, and MPX extensions on memory forensic acquisition and analysis
- The latest tactics of highly advanced threat groups against whom we have performed real-world analysis, such as OceanLotus
- The introduction of Surge Collect Pro for Linux
- Updated coverage of the security features introduced in Windows 10
As we have in years' past, we will continue to give out tons of swag, including a copy of the Art of Memory Forensics in either digital or printed form:
As well as running our highly popular CTF on the last day of class:
Another epic memory analysis CTF battle between @volatility training students. Congrats to the winners! #DFIR pic.twitter.com/1caH6oGMy9— volatility (@volatility) April 7, 2017
In closing this update, we would again like to thank the DFIR community for its continued support of the Volatility project and our associated training course. If you will be at BSidesNOLA, Black Hat Vegas, or OSDFCon later this year then please come introduce yourself in person!
-- The Volatility Team